Friday, May 05, 2006

Addicted to All Things Google

I have decided that Google rocks my face off. I have quite a fondness for many of the products and services that Google provides. The list grows daily as I discover a new little "thing" that they do.

My top favorites:

Google Local [Maps]- When I need a map I always head over to Google Maps. I mean, Google maps is the best [true dat, double true].

Google itself-[yeah, the search thing]- When I search, my search engine is Google. When I tell people to look something up on the Internet, I am one of those who says, "Google it".

Gmail- My email is Gmail. I have 3 gmail accounts....uh yeah. I have my main one, my "junk" one I use when I order things online or have to enter an email address on a website, and one I have with my roommate called "Posts from the Palace", that we plan on using to do encouraging/funny emails to our friends. I am quite addicted to my email. I think part of this is due to the fact that I no longer have access to my email while I am at work. All web-based email providers recieve the big BLOCK from my job. So, the only time I have access to it is early morning, noon, and evenings. I know, that is a lot. But I often have something to read or send, and find myself on my email a lot.

Blogger- OK, this is sort of new to me. I had no clue that Blogger was a Google thing until I saw it on the Products list a while back. I don't need to say much here, b/c its obvious I AM a blogger, b/c you are reading this blog, which is hosted on Blogger. I enjoy blogging and take part in this actvities quite frequently. Kudos, Google.

Gmail Talk- Hand in Hand with my Gmail is Gmail Talk. Unfortunately, my chat is only available to me in web form while on my email, b/c at this time the Chat download program is not Mac compatible. Come on Google, get with the program....grumble....

Google Calendar-My most recent obsession is Google Calendar. I. LOVE. IT. I have already set up 4 color-coded calendars to organize the various components of my life.....personal, work, church, and Jasper. Oh, and the US holidays calendar. Ah yes.... I spend quite a bit of time on this. Fortunately, I am able to access this calendar from work. It is amazing, and wonderful, and good. I can set up all sorts of activities and events, send myself reminders, send people invitations to invite them to events.....and so much more! Way to go Google. Way. To. Go.

I know there are many other wonderful Google Goodies out there, but these are the ones I currently use and love. Sigh..... ode to Google....how wonderful you are. You better never go away.

4 Sagacious Sayings:

At 5/05/2006 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous Chuckled and said...

http://www.google.com/talk/otherclients.html

 
At 5/06/2006 7:24 AM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

Yea!! Thanks, Mr./Ms. Anonymous!! You made my day. :)

Google rocks

 
At 5/06/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

NERD ALERT!

 
At 5/06/2006 8:07 PM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

I prefer Geek Goddess....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home