Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Jasper

Jasper celebrated his 1st birthday on Saturday. I didn’t have the time I thought I was going to have to bake him his own “doggie” cake from a recipe I found on the internet, but I don’t think he minded or even noticed, haha. I did sing him “Happy Birthday” and gave him some extra attention and snuggle time. That dog sure likes snuggling…

He’s been frustrating me lately. He has been SO naughty. This past weekend, he pulled at the carpet by the tile in front of the fireplace twice, making a frayed spot [this is in addition to the small hole he ate in the carpet a week or two ago…]. Yesterday, he found a small wear in the couch and began pulling stuffing out, then piddled in my bedroom floor shortly after dinner while Jamie and I were getting ready to go out biking—after he had been taken out and had gone potty just an hour and a half before that. Later that night, he found, chewed, and partially ate a roach trap that was underneath the fridge. Yeah, one of those traps that says, “Hazardous to humans and domestic animals” in bold letters on the box. I watched him throughout the evening, and I think he is ok, [hopefully], but—ARGH!!—That frustrates me! I told him he was going to poison himself if he doesn’t stop, and it will make me very sad.

I am baffled at his behavior. He knows that what he is doing is NOT acceptable. He runs and hides after being caught in every one of the above mentioned acts and gives me his “sorry” face….its actually quite cute…..he looks at me and hangs his head a little and then lifts his little paw up in the air…..sigh….I’m a sucker…. He still gets punished, though.

I think I need to save up some money and enroll him in a training class.

Or else pull all my hair out. But that won’t really accomplish anything…

:P

7 Sagacious Sayings:

At 5/02/2006 4:52 PM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

That is SO weird. Indi started pulling at the carpet RIGHT AFTER she turned 1. Maybe its a way for them to celebrate their birthdays?

 
At 5/04/2006 3:09 PM, Blogger Geek4god Chuckled and said...

Think I am going to save this so when you have a 2 year old I can remind you have been through all of this before!!

“He’s been frustrating me lately. He has been SO naughty.”

“I am baffled at his behavior. He knows that what he is doing is NOT acceptable.”

“He runs and hides after being caught in every one of the above mentioned acts and gives me his “sorry” face”

“I think I need to save up some money and enroll him in a training class.”

 
At 5/04/2006 7:51 PM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

Thanks, Joel, thanks... :P

 
At 5/05/2006 9:24 AM, Blogger Karen Chuckled and said...

has he been going through any kind of transitions lately? sunny was HORRIBLE for about 2 months after we moved into our new house. i think part of it was him just getting overwhelmed from so many changes at once and part of it was the fact that the previous owners had dogs and he was trying to make the place "his own".

fresh coat of paint, pee all over the master closet, what's the difference?

 
At 5/05/2006 12:44 PM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

nothing has changed in his life, that i know of. I don't THINK I am gone any more than usual....but maybe I am? But its been during times when he is used to being alone....I think. I don't know.... :P argh!

 
At 5/05/2006 5:21 PM, Blogger David Chuckled and said...

Maybe it's me...

 
At 5/05/2006 6:09 PM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

But he loves you! He only pottyed in the floor AFTER you left. So maybe he was mad that you did...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home