Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Jibblies

I was up a little late last night, sitting at my laptop typing and writing and working on some stuff. I was at the kitchen table, in the dark, with only my screen to provide light. I know, bad for my eyes....

Anyway, I was typing away, when I felt something tickling my foot. I stop, and get really still. I thought at first it might be one of those little tickles I just get sometimes, like an itch or something. But I decide to investigate. So, I slowly reach behind me to flick on the dining room light, making sure I do not move my foot more than necessary. I look down.....and then wished that I hadn't.

There, on my foot, was a huge.....COCKROACH. A cockroach. In my kitchen. On my foot. Well, that gave me a huge case of the Jibblies (number 11 on Strongbad's Bottom 10). I quietly screamed in the back of my throat [it was late, after all], knocked the offending roach off my foot, and used one of Jasper's chew toys that was nearby to squish the smitherings out of the disgusting insect. YUCK. YUCK. Our house is old, and we have bugs.

Thinking about it makes me want to silently scream again.....

2 Sagacious Sayings:

At 4/26/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

Crap Crap Crap...

yucky yucky yucky...


EWWWWWWWW!

 
At 4/26/2006 2:31 PM, Blogger terra Chuckled and said...

That's like this one time... so weird... I'm not really sure how it happened, but there was a little bity field mouse in the drain of my bathtub and my sister was little at the time and it was morning and I thought it was probably a toy she had left in the tub so I reach down to grab it and RIGHT (I mean, right) before I do, I realized what it was. I didn't hold my tongue... I screamed... LOUD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home