Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Sigh....

I seriously need help…. My discipline STINKS.

Jamie and I made plans to run this morning at 6 am. I woke up about 6:08, wondering why my alarm didn’t go off at 6 like it should have. I didn’t hear Jamie up and about, so I got out of bed and opened my door to check out the situation. I hear a sleepy, “hey…”, to which I sleepily responded. What then ensues was a rather stimulating and intelligent conversation to ascertain whether or not a run was in fact in our future:

“So… do you still want to go running this morning?”

Pause

“I dunno. We can, I guess. What do you think?”

Pause

“Well, sure, I’ll go, if you want to.”

Long pause

“Um…… I don’t care either way.”

Long Pause

“I didn’t sleep very good last night.”
“You didn’t? I didn’t either. I didn’t get to bed as early as I meant to.”

Pause

“Maybe we should go back to bed and wait and go when we are able to get more sleep.”
“Ok, I’m going back to bed.”

Yeah. So we both went back to bed. When I finally woke up all the way, I wanted to kick myself. We SO could have gone running! It would have made my day so much better. Sleepy Sarah won again. I don’t like Sleepy Sarah. :(

Then, I have a pretty decent breakfast, and am proud of myself because I don’t try to snack any in the morning when I get to work. I come home at noon and have a rather healthy lunch. It was good, it was high in protein, and didn’t have too many carbs. I was feeling pretty good about it. Then all of a sudden I had a craving. I looked at the clock and realized I had just enough time to make a quick detour on my way back to work. I could give in to the craving.

I have a weakness for ice cream. Add mint and some sort of chocolate to that ice cream, and I am a goner. I will tell you all my government secrets for the right combination of ice cream, mint and chocolate [ok, so that is a gross exaggeration, but you get the idea. I have a weakness. Oh, and I don’t know any government secrets anyway. Really. I don’t. I am just your average citizen. I don’t even really watch the news.] Anyway, Shake’s has been selling this fabulous little Mint Oreo Concrete concoction. This, of course, falls into the category of the right combination of ice cream [custard…ice cream….same difference to me], mint and chocolate. So…..I HAD to have one. And my “healthy lunch” went down the drain…. all because of Sweet Tooth Sarah. I don’t like Sweet Tooth Sarah. :(

So instead of exercise and healthy eating, I had lazy sleep and very fattening ice cream indulgence. Pooey on me.

Again I say, I SERIOUSLY need help….. :P

4 Sagacious Sayings:

At 4/11/2006 10:32 PM, Blogger Superchikk Chuckled and said...

Ooh...I needs me some Shake's!

 
At 4/12/2006 8:31 AM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

they give free "pup cups" if you have your furry friends in the car with you. Its just a little dollop of custard in a cup. A very small amount. Jasper loved it...

 
At 4/12/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

Well...atleast you're not gaining WEIGHT when you're actually trying to LOOSE IT!!!!!!!!!...which is what I'm going through right now.


....grrrrrrr....

 
At 4/12/2006 4:18 PM, Blogger terra Chuckled and said...

I forgot to eat breakfast so I had french onion dip and chips for breakfast...lol... that's bad. I don't usually do that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home