Friday, April 28, 2006

Tenga un buen dia

Today I finally had the 'confidence' to wish our Spanish-speaking members a good day at work.

Boy, was it EVER a good day!

First off, and the highest on my good day list, was receiving a huge surprise when someone brought me flowers at work today. ;) They are tulips, they are pink, and they are BEAUTIFUL. [I would post a pic, but my dad has my camera..] I was assisting a member when he came in with them, and I think I was so suprised that I ended up stuttering out a shocked greeting and acted like a goober in front of the member. I couldn't stop smiling the rest of day. In fact, my face hurt from smiling so much.... :) And as I type, I smile some more.....

Then, that evening, my dad took me on a date to Noodles for some father-daughter time. I had a really great time getting to eat and talk with my dad. He told me some interesting stuff he had learned about animal and milk fat that may totally revolutionize my current diet. [Diet as in the foods I eat, not diet as in the loosing weight kind....]. Really, I know it sounds silly, but it was highly interesting... Anyway, I always enjoy my dad and spending time with him.

After dinner, we went over to Lewis and Clark's bike sale, and I ended up getting a bike for my upcoming birthday [ehem....in....a month and a half.....haha. I know, its still a long ways away, but they were ON SALE], compliments of my wonderful parents. After I talked to bike rep, took a turn in the parking lot, got my dad's opinion on the matter, and agreed to my mom's terms for them paying for the bike full out, we were on our way home with said bike, helmet, and a few other....accessories. The "terms" laid out by my mom are that I have to clean her house top to bottom 4 times to 'earn' the difference between mom's birthday budget and the cost of the bike. Heck, I think I got off easy. Well, maybe.... My parents' house is a pretty good size, and mom can tend to be a.....packrat/cluttercritter. Oh, well, it is completely worth it. I have a mountain bike!

All in all it was a very, very good day. I even enjoyed the constant rain.....

3 Sagacious Sayings:

At 4/29/2006 12:17 PM, Blogger terra Chuckled and said...

I got a bike too, horray!

 
At 4/29/2006 12:44 PM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

AWESOME!! congrats! we all SOOO need to go biking! :)

 
At 5/01/2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

Um, I've got a dog that can pull you on your bike if you get tired?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home