Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Cry Me a River

Tonight, Jamie and I were having one of our awesome girl/roommate chats, and got onto subject of crying. We were talking about various things that stir the emotions and have moved us to tears. Jamie mentioned how she feels she has become more emotional in recent years. She said that in high school and college, she wasn’t much of a cryer. In fact, she can remember exactly every single time she cried back then, b/c it was so infrequently.

Wow. That is certainly not the case with me. I am emotional. Openly at times. I have pretty much always been a cryer. I like to cry. I think its good for the body and soul, haha. Now, there are times when crying isn’t fun. I can remember times in my life where I specifically did NOT like my crying [or the reasons], and thought I would never be able to go a whole day without crying [i also tend to....uh...overreact...uh...sometimes..]. But all in all, crying is a good thing in my book. Better out than in when it comes to emotions.

Anyway, Jamie then starts telling me about the first time she ever cried during a movie while in a theater. It was her freshman year in college. Now, I can think of several fine films that I saw my own freshman year that I bawled like a baby in [Stupid Titanic—it took me until the 4th time watching it to make it through dry eyed….haven’t seen it since]. But Jamie’s reaction to a certain film was….interesting.... to say the least. I was a little…. Surprised…. that she was moved to such emotion while watching this particular movie. I myself have not seen it, but from the previews I did see I would not think that it was a crying movie. But, maybe it is.... The movie---Joe Dirt. Yes, you have read it correctly. My roommate balled during Joe Dirt. Bawled. Yes, BAWLED. She said that she felt sorry for him. Then she said, and I quote: “I didn’t even cry during The Passion [of The Christ] when I first saw it. I just sat there in shock b/c it was so intense. But Joe Dirt made me cry…”

I, of course, immediately asked for permission to post this on my blog, which she granted. ☺ I love my roommate.


4 Sagacious Sayings:

At 4/20/2006 9:33 AM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

HOLY CRAP!

 
At 4/20/2006 6:03 PM, Blogger Superchikk Chuckled and said...

I too feel that I have become more emotional in recent years...since I've become a "grown-up." I used to never cry and now I feel like I cry all the time.

I was especially emotional last week (I'm going to blame it on hormones) and caught myself crying over a stupid TV show. I thought to myself, "gee whiz...get a grip!"

 
At 5/01/2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Geek4god Chuckled and said...

For the record I much prefer the Sarah that can’t stop smiling versus the one that cried most days for way too long ☺


Don’t cry for Joe… He ended up with a cute girl and new dreadlocks!! How cool is that!! Joe teaches us that sometimes we have to go through some stuff before the happy ending happens.. They are usually worth waiting for..

 
At 5/01/2006 8:56 PM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

i prefer smiling Sarah too.....
....and thanks for bringing that up for all to read!! :P [dork]

happy endings are worth waiting for....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home