Friday, December 30, 2005

The Little Hellion

The little story I shared at the end of yesterday's post got me thinking about what a little snotty kid I was. Seriously, I was a hellion. If you know me now, this may [uh...or may not] be a big surprise to you, but trust me...I was AWFUL. I was what was termed a "Strong Willed Child". Don't believe me? Stick around and let me tell you some tales:

  • When I was in.....preschool[?]...I once peed in the floor to get my mom's attention. She was babysitting kids during the day, and I was jealous.
  • I once had a power of wills struggle with my dad. I was really little, and don't remember it, but was told the story: dad spanked me, I told him I hated him, so he had to spank me again. This went back and forth for a while as I continued to tell him I hated him after he would spank me. He remembers thinking that I was going to win b./ he couldn't just keep spanking me. I guess I won.
  • My first official spanking at school was in first grade. I accidentally depantsed [I can say it, but cannot spell it as it is not a real word] a boy. Really. It WAS an accident. Still don't understand why I got spanked for it....
  • I spent my entire 2nd grade year in isolation beside the teacher’s desk. You know, one of those cardboard stand up thingies that went aound the front of my desk so I couldn't see anyone and no one could see me.
  • Also in 2nd grade, I used to have to get a weekly behavior report signed by the principal and my parents.
  • My brother's most vivid childhood memory was coming home every Sunday from church and having to wait for me to get spanked before we could eat lunch. I would do something at church deserving of a spanking. So: Church. Home. Spanking. Lunch. So was my life.
  • I pushed a girl down when I was 5 or 6 for not showing me what was behind her back.
  • I was a biter.
  • When I was 3 or 4, I bit a boy and drew blood. My teacher bit me back.
  • All my older cousins were scared of me b/c I was a biter. They love to remind me of this at every single family gathering.
  • I remember sitting in the hallway and on the wall at recess more times than I can count.
  • My second school spanking came in 4th grade as a result of me rolling my eyes at a teacher who was yelling at me.
  • I used to like to play with candles and matches, my favorite thing being lighting kleenexes on fire. Yeah. Not. Smart. One one such occurance I accidentally burned a hole in the carpet of my bedroom. A floor mat I had saved the day, where it remained over the burn mark until we got new carpet a few years later. As far as I know, my parents never knew.....Uh, until now, I guess, if mom still reads this thing. Sorry mom.
  • Speaking of fire, I also "accidentally" burned a patch of grass in our yard. It was a dry summer, and our electric fence had caught the yard on fire. After my brother and I put that fire out, I wanted to see how easy it was to start a fire in the yard. It wasn't difficult. I got in a LOT of trouble.
  • I do not play with fire anymore, and am quite timid around it now....
  • I would get in trouble at home so much that I hid my dad's belts. They were made of leather, and I did not like them.
  • I was kicked out of a special choir I was in in 4th grade b/c my music teacher said I was always outside principal's office.
  • This is horrible: I gave a girl a black eye on the bus in....5th grade [?] because another little girl didn't like her and told me to hit her. Her name was Melody. I feel awful about it now.
  • Apparently I got mad at my mom and threatened to take all her clothes out in the yard and set them on fire while she was at work. I do NOT remember this, but she swears up and down I did.
  • I think my mom secretly wondered if I might have been possessed. I wasn't, of course, but I bet she wondered it.
  • I received detention in 7th grade for chewing gum in choir.
  • Previously mentioned baton story: When I was in 9th grade, I once got really mad at my brother for doing something and began chasing him through the house with my baton [I was a majorette]. He ran into his room and shut the door right as I was swinging the baton at him. Instead of hitting my target [HIS HEAD], the baton came in contact with his bedroom door. This left a big hole right in the middle of the door. Needless to say I. Got. In. BIG. Trouble. And the hole stayed in the door for a number of years until my parents finally got around to fixing it a few years ago.
  • I had a Lhasa Apso when I was younger named Grizzley. Grizzley was a mean dog who would bite me all the time [he especially enjoyed biting my FACE!]. One time, I got so mad at him that I put him in the washing machine and turned it on.
  • Right after I turned it on, I started crying b/c i felt so bad. Grizzley was really scared. Stupid dog.
  • I think I put him in the dryer once for the same reason.
  • Side note: The above mentioned dog also hated my dad with a passion. He hated him so much that while we were gone during the day, Grizzley would get up on my dad's side of the bed and PEE ON HIS PILLOW. My dad did not discover this for some time. Grizzley ran away some time later, and no one cared. Ok, so that story wasn't about me, but its pretty funny none-the-less.
  • Luckily, my "strong willed child/bully/evilness" occurred from young childhood to junior high. After that, I guess I grew out of it or something, b/c I wasn't much of a hellion anymore after that.
I really can't believe I was like that, and its pretty crazy to think about. I am very glad I grew out of it and am the well adjusted young lady you all know and love today. :)

OK, so it wasn't grown out of me, it was BEATEN out of me with frequent spankings. But I am glad for them. I deserved every spanking I ever got, and can honestly say I am thankful for every lick. Way to go mom and dad.....and Mrs. Loudermilk....and Aunt Pam......Uncle John....and Mrs. Holt...uh.....Granny, maybe?......and whoever else spanked me that I am leaving out. Thanks to all.

I can't believe I just thanked my punishers.....


6 Sagacious Sayings:

At 12/30/2005 1:07 PM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

We WOULD NOT have been friends when we were younger.

 
At 12/30/2005 1:23 PM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

Good thing we met in college, then...

 
At 12/31/2005 10:25 AM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

I was the bossy kid who would have REALLY pissed you off.

 
At 1/02/2006 4:11 PM, Blogger Superchikk Chuckled and said...

I was also a biter. Reminiscing, it was actually sort of fun. And evil, I know.

 
At 1/05/2006 12:32 PM, Blogger terra Chuckled and said...

I bet you and I would've been friends, I have similar stories from childhood. :D Strong-willed is the word. Or spoiled. Or snotty. ;)

 
At 1/05/2006 1:16 PM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

spoiled is a good word. My granny used to tell my mom that is what I was. I still prefer strong willed, though, haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home