Tuesday, January 31, 2006

False Advertising

First of all, I would like to begin this post with a heartfelt shout out in HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the BFF, Shelli. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLI BEAN!!! You are the bestest large-onion-chopper a girl could ever have!!! :)

Okay, so on my way home from a fun & yummy Greek celabratory dinner for Shelli a little while ago, I decided to stop in at Sonic for one of their much advertised Sweetheart Brownie Blasts. Now, by much advertised I mean just that: I have been seeing commercials for days and days telling me to come in for this limited time treat; the Sonic marquee sign talked about it; when I pulled into the parking...lot there was a big banner demanding that I try the Sonic Sweetheart Brownie Blast today; when I looked at the menu to order, there was a big yummy picture right smack at the top displaying this beautiful frozen dessert.

I pressed the button, and a young, chipper, teenage female voice welcomes me to Sonic and asks for my order. I politely respond that I would like a regular Sweetheart Brownie Blast, please. The voice promptly responds:

"We don't have that."

I sat bumfuzzled for a moment, staring at the picture in the menuboard that clearly advertised them having and serving exactly what I just ordered. I kinda stammer and say, "You...don't? But....", thoroughly confused. An equally young, teenage male voice then broke in with the answer. "We don't have them right now. Those are coming out next month--which is tomorrow."

Excuse me??? You advertise out the wazoo all over the place, then tell a chocolate-cherry loving girl that you don't have them? Okay, I know its been a long time since college, and I didn't really attend my Business Law class very often [Ok, so I hardly went. Still got an A in the class though.....oh yeah....], but don't you usually have to have the item you are advertising or else offer some....oh I don't know....compensation or something?? Okay, so I am probably wrong there, but its still not good business!

I left Sonic, slightly disappointed and feeling out of sorts at them for leading me on like they did. I drove down the road to Shake's, where they ALWAYS are able to put brownies in my frozen treats. :P

Boo Hissy Sonic!





6 Sagacious Sayings:

At 2/01/2006 7:34 AM, Blogger Jill Chuckled and said...

Silly Girl. You should have known not to bypass Shakes in the first place. I mean, what were you thinking? I'm sure it was just a moment of disillusion - those darn Sonic people!!

 
At 2/01/2006 1:46 PM, Blogger terra Chuckled and said...

Yes, it is called false advertising. You are right. They get you in there, they don't have it, and expect you to order something else. Stupid Sonic. :) I MISSED YOU at CG! I only see you approx. 1 and 1/2 times a week (the half is because sometimes I see you at church, sometimes not because we aren't always at the same one). :D

 
At 2/01/2006 5:23 PM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that...thats totally crazy.

And thanks for the birthday wishes.

 
At 2/01/2006 6:07 PM, Blogger Superchikk Chuckled and said...

what horrible, awful people they are. I'd boycott them for you, but I can't bring myself to do it.

 
At 2/03/2006 5:03 PM, Blogger Virginia Chuckled and said...

andrew and I went to Arby's a few months ago, and they were out of roast beef. What? We were so confused! aR-By's was out of Roast beef...so random! i feel your pain... ;)

 
At 3/25/2006 12:27 PM, Blogger Superchikk Chuckled and said...

For the love of Pete woman, BLOG!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home