Tuesday, January 17, 2006

College Chums


This weekend I went to Tulsa for the baby shower of a dear college friend of mine, Leslie. She is the pregnant one in the middle of the picture above, haha. I am so excited for Leslie, who will be delivering her baby boy, Ian, in 7 short weeks [I think?]. Leslie is an amazing, beautiful, sweet, and gentle woman of God who will be an incredible mommy. While it was completely awesome to bless Leslie, it was agreed by all that it was also SO GOOD to see everyone. The girls above are the NSU girls, minus a few who were not yet at the shower when the picture was taken [Holly you are one of them! I know you're a lurker on my blog ;) Thanks again for bringing my toothbrush! heehee!].

It was so much fun getting to catch up on everyone's lives the past "few" years since college. Of those NSU gals who attended, all but 3 of us are married, and all but 3 of those married are moms , or mom's to be. One of those is in the process of adopting a baby from Vietnam. It was so encouraging hearing her and her hubby's testimony during the process as God has led them on this journey of faith. I can't wait till we get to see the product of that faith at her baby shower in the future! :)

The shower was the typical girly variety with the simple [and sometimes slightly cheesy] shower games....word scrambles, name that baby part in ultra sound pictures [rather difficult, I must say], and My Water Broke, which consisted of toy babies frozen in ice that we had to put in our punch. The first person who's baby was free of ice yelled, "My water broke" and was declared the winner. Shelli's water broke..... :P

Shelli and I got the 'award' for traveling the farthest with Holly in second, since most of the girls are from generally around the Tulsa area and surrounding towns. I know it meant a lot to Leslie to have everyone there, no matter how short or long their drive. All in all it was a BLAST! :)


4 Sagacious Sayings:

At 1/17/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

Who was the 3rd unmarried girl?...

 
At 1/18/2006 8:17 AM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

Jeanette. I believe she is single.

 
At 1/18/2006 1:29 PM, Blogger Superchikk Chuckled and said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Glad you're back to posting.

 
At 1/19/2006 2:15 PM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

...and the girl in the front row (Christine) with long "blondish" hair, faded jeans and a long neclace just lost 130 pounds. She looked SO awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home