Sunday, October 22, 2006

Glowing Warmth

Today I experienced my first fire in the fireplace at The Palace [aka Jamie's and my apartment]. We've never had a fire, and we've lived there almost a year. In fact, there was a half burned log in the fireplace when we moved in. That logged got burned today. We probably would still have not had a fire if my wonderful boyfriend hadn't decided that he was going to build us a nice toasty fire for us when he came over for breakfast this morning. Thanks David! He worked a good while and managed to build a really nice homey fire. It was nice sitting by the fire, drinking hot tea. I hope this is the first of many cozy fires this fall/winter! It sure was a good day for it. It is chilly out!

2 Sagacious Sayings:

At 10/23/2006 3:03 PM, Blogger Superchikk Chuckled and said...

Ah, to have a real fire place! We have a gas log fireplace, and while it has its advantages, I would much rather have a "real" one. There is something to be said about starting a fire by flipping a switch, though!

 
At 12/08/2006 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous Chuckled and said...

any new fires lately?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home