Friday, September 22, 2006

Summertime....and the Living's Easy.... SUMMER 2006: An Index

As Fall has "officially" arrived on the calendar, I thought it appropriate to give a little summary of my exciting, blog post-less summer.

OK....so this whole "index" thing is taken from ole Rosco, but imitation is the highest form of flattery, right? And besides, how else am I supposed to get a whole summer's worth of happenings into one post? Exactly..... So...let us begin:

number of birthdays celebrated: 1

number of car accidents I was in: 1

the result of above mentioned car accident: one completely totaled car, 2 very unhurt drivers

the two finest words in the English Language after car accident: Total Coverage

amount of time I was "without" a car until a replacement was found: 5 days

first thought of replacement car: incomparibly better in so many ways than the old one. It is a complete and total blessing from God

person responsible for finding this gem of a car: Dave

what the insurance check covered: the entire cost of the new car, plus the cost of the ticket received in accident [yeah, my fault]. almost to the penny!

color of new amazing, wonderful, blessing of a car: purple...no...grey... no blue....uh......depends on who you talk to ;)

number of trips taken to Silver Dollar City: 1

number of fanny packs seen while sitting in front of SDC for 45 minutes waiting for the rest of our group to arrive: we lost count at 78

# of times my hair was colored this summer: 6

time span in which hair was colored above mentioned number of times: 2 weeks

amount of time I let go by before going to my stylist after the 'unfortunate hair coloring experience' so she wouldn't find out my faux pas: 2 1/2 months

number of seconds it took her to notice what I had done: .000003

number of weddings attended: 2

number of wedding anniversary celebrations attended: 1

number of baby showers: 2

number of funerals: 1

number of summer movies watched on the big screen: 3

best movie I saw on the big screen this summer: Superman Returns

number of ticks that attached themselves to my body in the Unfortunate Seed Tick Incident: 147

what number I lost count at when trying to count the red dots left behind by above mentioned seed ticks: 65

number of walks or hikes taken in the woods this summer: 2, one at the beginning, one at the end

how many weekends my roommate was out of town, causing me to spend my weekends home alone: all but 3

number of times I got "anxious" over being home alone: 4

cause of two of those 4 anxious times: watching a scary movie before bed

what I did to "protect myself" while I slept when all alone: wedged a giant framed Monet print underneath the doorknob of my bedroom door.

number of awesome conversations had and wonderful memories made: countless!

Ok....so I am sure a lot more went on, but I am running out of creative things....

And now.....ON TO FALL!!!!!!!!!!! :)


3 Sagacious Sayings:

At 9/24/2006 9:49 AM, Blogger Geek4god Chuckled and said...

Fall is about hope and promise.. It smells, feels, tastes and sounds like no other season! It reminds us that as winter nears the days are to be savored and the nights cherished!! It is a season of mystery and wonder. A time of brilliant days overflowing with color and crisp nights filled with long shadows and the smells of fall.. It is a time when all men become romantic, if but for a second and romantics, depending on what fate has allowed them, pine for that which they do not have or relish in what they hold in their arms.. It is a time when fat men wax poetically in the Green Eyed View and quote Winnie the Pooh..

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh," he whispered.

"Yes, Piglet?"

"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw, "I just wanted to be sure of you."”

 
At 10/02/2006 9:53 PM, Blogger David Chuckled and said...

The car is Gray!

 
At 10/02/2006 10:27 PM, Blogger sarah j. Chuckled and said...

:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home