Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer Solstice

Happy Summer Solstice! Today is the longest day of the year (meaning the most sunshine we will have all year long). Also, today just happens to be this Green Eyed Gal's Birthday.

Yes, Thursday, June 21, 1979, at 6:18pm I made my grand entrance into this world, after my mom's horribly long labor of......18 minutes. I kid you not. The woman was in labor for 18 whole minutes. She can't really complain there. Daddy said it was a good thing we were already at the hospital [they induced], or I would have been born at home or in the car. I weighed....a lot, and was short, fat, beat-up looking, with jaundice. Yep, a pretty baby I was NOT. I'd post a picture if I had one, but unfortunately they are still in physical form and have never been scanned for digital use. I was named Sarah Jean after.....well....the Bible Sarah....I guess....and Jean after my Granny, who's middle name is Jean as well [but she goes by her middle name]. Sarah is Hebrew for "Princess" [yes, yes I am, thank you very much ;) ], and Jean is Celtic/Gaelic and means "God is Gracious".

So, there's a little information into my birth. And... that's all I really have to say! Its been a fun journey. I can't believe I've been alive this long. Time seems to go faster and faster the older I get. God has been and is still so amazing and good to me. I am blessed beyond anything I could ask for or imagine.

3 Sagacious Sayings:

At 6/21/2006 4:22 PM, Blogger Lafe Chuckled and said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! Oh yeah, you did really well on Sunday night...

 
At 6/22/2006 9:05 AM, Blogger Jill Chuckled and said...

ACK! I forgot your birthday!!!
Flitter.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SARAH JEEEEEEEAN!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Hope that makes up a little for being forgetful! :) Happy belated birthday, friend!

 
At 6/22/2006 9:34 AM, Blogger Shelli Chuckled and said...

Happy Happy Birthday...May all your dreams come true...Happy Happy Birthday from "the olive garden" to you. HAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home