Sunday, October 01, 2006

Easy as Apple ____

I am in a place of complete and total happiness.....

I made my first apple pie of 2006.

I love, LOVE, L.O.V.E. making apple pies. I think it is the highest form of cooking therapy for me. I don't know what it is....if its the smells, the fun of rolling out my own pie crust from scratch, or the challenge of creating the perfect lattice top, but I find so much happiness in making apple pie. It relaxes me and makes me feel just all peachy and peaceful. And very "Susy Homemaker", haha!

Tonight's pie, which has 30 minutes baking time left, was extra fun for me. I have not made an apple pie in I think over a year. :( It completely slipped my mind last year. Also, I got to bring out my all-time favorite kitchen gadget: my apple peeler/corer/slicer.

OH! The awesomeness of this particular gadget is indescribable! This little gadget peels, cores, and slices at the turn of a handle. I had completely forgotten that my apple peeler/corer/slicer was a peeler/corer/slicer. I thought it only peeled and cored. So, you can imagine my excited surprise when I discovered that it was slicing my apples into beautifully thin slices, perfect for apple pie. It made my pie making experience so much the more joyful. :)

This particular pie is for my co-workers. We had BAGS of leftover apples from an event last week, so I told them I would take some home and make one for work tomorrow. One of my co-workers is going to bring CINNAMON ICE CREAM as a delicious addition to the pie. YUM!!! :)

I have plans on making one more apple pie in the next few days, and hopefully will get the chance to make a few more this Fall.

Apple Pie! Apple Pie!

heehee!

2 Sagacious Sayings:

At 10/03/2006 10:45 AM, Blogger Geek4god Chuckled and said...

My mom is famous for one thing and that is her pies. Ever Thanksgiving and Christmas begins pie-utopia around my moms house. The only problem is each of us have a different pie we like and mom can only make so many. Chocolate and coconut for everyone, custard for my brother rusty, cherry for my brother Stave, pumpkin because, well it is required and mincemeat pie for mom. You will notice two things, one that my name is NOT on the list nor is apple pie.. That is my favorite that my mom makes and it has been years since I have made it on the pie list..

I have to admit though I do NOT like lattice crust.. I like the full top thing.. Lattice looks better, but I am a crusty sort of guy!!!

FYI caramel apples are one of the greatest inventions in the history of man!! There just never seems to be enough caramel!!

Why does the fact that you have a kitchen gadget that does everything not surprise me? You are even a kitchen nerd!!!

 
At 10/04/2006 9:37 AM, Blogger Superchikk Chuckled and said...

I love pies. I love baking, too. But I have yet to master the art of pie making. I have never once gotten meringue to come out like I wanted it to. I guess that just means more practice! Darn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home